The Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Keywords

CASE  

Latest topics
» Increasing Demand for Herbal Hair Care products
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyApril 26th 2011, 9:43 am by jinjil

» Healthy Eating
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyNovember 27th 2010, 7:25 am by viray

» Gradual decrease
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyApril 23rd 2010, 11:25 am by jedi

» Grief Salve & children salve
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyOctober 4th 2009, 7:05 am by serena07

» Post to keep forum open
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 11:36 pm by Admin

» Bee Sting
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyJuly 2nd 2009, 6:19 pm by Admin

» Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyMarch 27th 2009, 6:00 am by Inti

» Education, School, Etc..
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 6th 2009, 6:03 am by Inti

» Thinning Hair Treatment
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 5th 2009, 10:08 pm by minimom

» Sinus Infections
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 5th 2009, 9:42 pm by minimom

» Reishi mushroom
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 5th 2009, 10:36 pm by minimom

» Cool Tree ID site
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyDecember 10th 2008, 6:17 am by Diane

» Day of the Dead
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyNovember 22nd 2008, 7:21 am by Inti

» Moxa
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyNovember 12th 2008, 6:30 pm by Admin

» Trinity
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyNovember 8th 2008, 1:24 am by Jacksta

» Guinness Beef Stew
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyNovember 8th 2008, 1:23 am by Jacksta

» cordials of lightness
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyNovember 8th 2008, 1:21 am by Jacksta

» startling information...
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptySeptember 30th 2008, 5:42 am by Mademoiselle

» autumn eqinox
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptySeptember 19th 2008, 7:37 pm by Inti

» autumn in 5-element theory
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptySeptember 18th 2008, 1:26 am by Inti

» Echinacea arial part and root???
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptySeptember 15th 2008, 6:29 pm by minimom

» Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptySeptember 13th 2008, 9:44 pm by minimom

» Cutting myself
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptySeptember 5th 2008, 5:02 pm by Admin

» Herbal Links
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptySeptember 2nd 2008, 1:58 am by Inti

» How to use the Quote feature
Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 EmptyAugust 12th 2008, 6:13 am by Inti

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire

+2
Jacksta
Inti
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 Empty Re: Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire

Post by Inti June 22nd 2008, 6:18 pm

Don't know...Ask Brenda...as she's the gopher expert
Inti
Inti
Barista
Barista

Number of posts : 144
Favorite Medicinals : Holy Basil, Frankinsence, Copal, Sandalwood, Ginger, Passiflora,
Favorite Implements/Products : Condor feather, Humming bird medicine, Agua di Florida
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Back to top Go down

Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire - Page 2 Empty Re: Around the "Gardening/Planting" Campfire

Post by Inti August 12th 2008, 6:22 am

I'm so excited about my garden plot...except for the gophers.

I harvested my goldenrod last week. Chopped it fresh and tinctured with Grape alcohol instead of grain. My echinaceas are flowering.

I planted 2 Ashwaganda plants last month and an elecamopane. Had to use gopher root cages to keep the buggers away.

My Salvia apiana and an unidentifiable frosty white mugwort is loveing the sun and dry air. Thay are doing great.

My Angelica which i splanted in a pot is not doing as well as I should...looks healthy but just is small, has not grown mush this year at all.
Inti
Inti
Barista
Barista

Favorite Medicinals : Holy Basil, Frankinsence, Copal, Sandalwood, Ginger, Passiflora,
Favorite Implements/Products : Condor feather, Humming bird medicine, Agua di Florida

Back to top Go down

Post by minimom September 15th 2008, 6:44 pm

Where did you get the grape alcohol from? Marian Farms? Sometimes I feel like I'm making inferior medicine. All I have is Vodka.

minimom
Mocha
Mocha

Number of posts : 51
Favorite Medicinals : St. John's Wort, dandelion, ashwagandha
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacksta September 16th 2008, 2:37 am

all i know to get it from is terry and karen- small quantity - where they get it from i don't know- inti prolly knows

i too just use vodka, rum or brandy
Jacksta
Jacksta
Barista
Barista

Number of posts : 168
Favorite Medicinals : Ashwagandha, Pedicularis, Lavandula, Vetiver, A.Ginseng, Tulsi, Propolis
Favorite Implements/Products : Awls, Old Timer, Hori-Hori, Blender, Phybiosis,D. Hoffmann's Herbals, Felcos
Registration date : 2007-09-23

http://deltafoxtrot.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Inti September 18th 2008, 1:23 am

The grape stuff comes from the same company CSHS uses but they get the grain one. It's probably cheaper. But We did a bulk order at Ohlone. and I got 2 gallons for $80.

I can see the label in my head. If I remeber next monday I'll go look for you. It's not really worth it unless you buy the 5 gallon drums like the school does. becasue they reem you with the shipping.
Inti
Inti
Barista
Barista

Back to top Go down

Post by minimom February 5th 2009, 9:57 pm

Tina, how did your garden fare last year? I was able to get a plot in Livermore's community garden this year, so I would like to hear about yours. Any words of wisdom?

minimom
Mocha
Mocha

Number of posts : 51
Favorite Medicinals : St. John's Wort, dandelion, ashwagandha
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Inti March 27th 2009, 6:00 am

Sorry, I haven't been on in quite a while. i giess Facebook would be easier to get me then here.

my plot did OK in that it was fine for a beginner. I was happy with what I grew but I had a lot of gophers and lost half my stuff. So I put in 3 1/2 wine barrels in during the summer and grew the stuff that i really wanted to make sure did not get eaten, skullcap, vervain mugwort thyme. and it fared fine but needs this year to really take off.

I also planted 2 echinacea plants and 2 astragalas and 1 elecampane in gopher root cages. basiicaly a mesh bucket I planted in the earth so it protects the roots over the next few years until i harvest them.

So now to deal with the gopher issue I'm putting in 2 large beds 4x4 each. but I'm digging them deeper in the gound like 12 inches and the beds will sit about 8 inches above ground. I wanted a deep bed to handle the root plants. I lined the bottom with gopher cage or chicken wire cage.

I'll also be adding a few more wine barrels or large round metal bathing tubs to plant other stuff. I'll set these on a few bricks so they drain well.

My white sage, mugwort, helichrysum and goldenrod all survived in the ground but that may have just been a fluke.

the stuff to watch. mugwort spreads through shoots under the earth and come up somewhere else sometimes 12 inches away. so that may be something you grow in a container. Golden rod can do the same. my 3 pants that are in a 1 foot square radios are now at about 2 foot radios. I'm thinking on digging it up and putting it in a large container as I don't need that much golden rod.

still have to get my seeds started and I'm still not sure what I want to grow this year. I'm thinking on odering live plants from Horizan herbs, Riccho chechs site.

Good luck . \

Let me know how it goes
Inti
Inti
Barista
Barista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum